WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND MAINTAIN ABOUT YOU
We may collect Personal Information about you when you interact with our Site. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you.
The following provides a list of the types of information that we collect from you and how we use that information as well as our lawful basis for doing so.
Cookies used to determine consent preferences
Types of data: IP address
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: By default, we use an essential Cookie that records your Cookie consent preferences. Note: we also provide the facility to modify your consent preferences at any time, for more info visit our Cookies Policy.
Lawful bases for processing: Legal Obligation: We must ascertain whether you consent to our website using non-essential cookies and the cookie we use to store your consent choice is itself an essential cookie.
Cookies and First Party Tracking
Types of data: Pages visited, location, anonymised IP address, website interactions (which buttons you pressed), referring website (which website you arrived from), time/date of visit.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: For analytical purposes so that we can improve our website and better understand visitor behaviour. We use Google Analytics and we obtain consent before using the Google analytics cookies, even though Meteor Marketing Ltd enables the ‘Anonymise IP’ setting within Google Analytics.
Lawful bases for processing: User consent. We will only introduce the Google Analytics cookies once you’ve consented to non-essential cookies.
Types of data: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: To receive and act upon any feedback or issues you may have.
Lawful bases for processing: Legitimate interest: in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.
Corporate Partner Information
Types of data: We collect the name, and contact information, of our corporate partners and their employees with whom we may interact.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: This includes communicating with corporate partners concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.
Lawful bases for processing: Legitimate interests and in some cases Contract.
Marketing Mailing List
Types of data: When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information.
Lawful bases for processing: Consent. In the event that we send marketing mail, our list of recipients will contain only those who have opted in.
Reviews and Comments
Types of data: If you elect to leave a comment on an article or a review on a directory listing, we will collect your email address, name and text content (i.e. your comment or review). If this content meets our approval, we will publish your name and text content for public viewing. As such we recommend that you do not publish self identifying information. We reserve the right to have sole discretion over the content we approve.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: Moderating and possibly approving your comments and reviews for public display on our website.
Lawful bases for processing: Consent will be required at the time of filling in the relevant forms to post reviews or comments.
When you choose to claim an offer featured on the Site, you will be directed to a third party website where you can provide the information required to participate in the activity. Meteor Marketing Ltd does not collect or receive the information you input on that gaming site. In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, data analytics providers, advertising networks, social networks, or publicly available sources.
First-party cookies. We use essential cookies by default on our Site. However, we will only use non-essential cookies if you explicitly consent to them, using our Cookie banner, for further details see Cookies Policy.
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer by your web browser. A cookie allows the Site to recognize whether you have visited before and may store user preferences and other information such as whether you consent to cookies.
If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it.
You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Site may not operate correctly. Our website also provides the option for you to control which non-essential cookies (if any), we use on our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Meteor Marketing Ltd uses the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. If we have Personal Information about you, we may use it, for example:
- to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Site or other services offered by us;
- to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- to fulfill your requests;
- to send you information about our Site and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including surveys, newsletters, updates, or other communications;
- to deliver notifications and similar operational communications;
- to improve your user experience and the quality of our Site;
- to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- to manage our business.
- counting and recognizing visitors to the Site and analyzing how visitors use the Site;
- improving the Site and enhancing users’ experiences with the Site;
- creating new products and services or improving our existing products and services;
- engaging in analytics or targeted advertising as described below in the “Third-Party Analytics and Advertising” section; and
- for any other business purpose permitted by law, including any purpose for which we use Personal Information.
We share your Personal Information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Affiliates. In very limited circumstances, we may share Personal Information with our corporate affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy. This would include instances where for example you make known to us a complaint about a site that we advertise and we decide to forward that complaint directly to a contact at that brand.
Service providers. Meteor Marketing Ltd uses service providers that perform services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, emailing vendors, and analytics providers. These service providers may collect and/or use your Personal Information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may also share your Personal Information with other service providers when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Your direct sharing of personal information through the Site or third-party websites and services. The Site may enable you to share Personal Information with other users of the Site or with websites or online services operated by third parties. For example, the Site may permit comments to be submitted on articles and contain links to third-party websites that incorporate comment and social media features. It may also be possible to leave reviews on directory listings on our website and as such we discourage you from leaving personal identifying information. We also reserve the right to moderate your comments/reviews if we consider them to be spam, or to be otherwise unacceptable.
If you choose to use these features, you may disclose your Personal Information not just to the Site and third-party websites and services, but also to their users and the public more generally. Because the third-party websites and services are not operated by Meteor Marketing Ltd we are not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information on third-party websites and services will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party websites or services, and not this Policy.
Surveys.We may ask you to participate in surveys (processed by us or others) that help us understand your use of the Site and improve our advertising. Any Personal Information provided to us (or supplied by you or us to such external survey providers) in connection with these surveys will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this Policy. Participation in surveys is voluntary.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your Personal Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Aggregated information. From time to time, Meteor Marketing Ltd may also share aggregated information about Site users, such as by publishing reports on trends in the usage of the Site or interest in the types of products or services featured on the Site.
Other Disclosures with Your Consent. Meteor Marketing Ltd may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
Please note: Meteor Marketing Ltd has elected to set Google Analytics to the ‘Anonymized IP’ setting.
You may have certain rights and choices with relation to your personal data, as described below.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
If you are located in the EEA or UK, you can make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. We retain Personal Informationfor as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our Site to you, to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, or as required by law. You may request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we employ commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect online. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Gambling.Expert is intended only to be used by residents if the UK. If you are not a resident of the UK, please do not continue to use our website.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
We retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or an individual requests that we delete information about them and we are required to comply with that request.
Content on this Site is directed at individuals over the age of 18 and is not directed at anybody under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 18.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Meteor Marketing Ltd may make changes to the Site in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. We will post all such changes on the Site, so you should review this page periodically. If we make a material change to the Policy, you will be provided with appropriate notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact our Data Controller at the appropriate email address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Updated: 14/11/22